Sunday 16 October 2011

Great British Bake Off! Technical challenge - Iced Finger Buns

I am a massive fan of 'The Great British Bake Off' on BBC1 and wanted to try out one of the technical challenges that were iced fingers. I've made bread once in the boredom of a family holiday in Wales and I think the bread reflected my mood at the time it was dull and tasteless. 

So i thought i'd try the iced fingers as they aren't as scary as bread but use the same principles. at one point it was a bit touch and go as the dough its very wet and sticky so I started to slightly freak out. But after kneading for a good 10 minutes the dough came together and became easier to work with. 

I left it to rise for an hour and it doubled in size, I then cut into pieces that weighed 75g each to make sure they were roughly the same size, I wasn't too bothered about this though as I like their rough charm. 
 

I then baked for exactly 10 minutes and they came out perfect and made the house smell delicious! 

 Then piped with whipped cream, and my posh Fortnum's jam and slicked a bit of icing on. 

If you would like to make them yourself visit the BBC website or buy the book it's definitely worth the investment if it can allow an awful bread maker like me to be able to make more than acceptable iced finger buns!


No comments:

Post a Comment