Tuesday 29 March 2011

Candy Store Cupcakes

My good friend Helen of Minnie Bats Designs was collaborating with jewellery designer Sarah Hallowes for a candy shop themed exhibition/store. Helen asked me to create some cupcakes for their private view, she didn't ask for any particular type of cupcake so I was able to create anything I wanted. I went with the candy theme, bright colours topped with paste coloured dolly mixture sweets and glitter with poppy paper cases. I really liked the final cupcake design I went more on looks than an ellaborate recipe so plumped for the standard Chop's Cakes vanilla cupcake recipe taken from an old fairy cake recipe with vanilla butter cream icing.




The Candy Shop Exhibition

Minnie Bats designs (My fav is the ice-cream with kitsch leopard print cone!)



Sarah Hallowes Jewellery, cute smartie-like stud earrings



Left: The cupcakes were to be found by the green dribbling monster...obviously!
Right: Cheeky polka dot Mrs Robot in some very sexy hot pink pants created by Helen

Check out http://minniebats.com/ and http://sarahhallowes.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment